Akai MPC Element Music Production Controller
he Akai MPC Element is an ultra portable MPC controller that provides sophisticated features that one would expect from a MPC controller for music production, and it includes the new MPC Essentials software, all at an unbelievable price.
The MPC Element provides MPC Note Repeat, Full Level, 16 Level, Tap Tempo and Swing functions, and includes a quality 1GB sound library that is up to current trends in music production. If you would prefer to use your own sounds, you are able to import your own WAV or AIFF sound samples. MPC Essentials can run stand-alone or as a VST, RTAS or AU plug-in within your DAW, and it is worth mentioning that it can run in either 32 or 64-bit environments.
The MPC Element combines the classic MPC beat or song creation style with modern computer music production. There are 16 backlit multi-colour pads that are velocity-sensitive, a brushed aluminium control surface, and it is only 14mm thin and is completely USB bus powered. The size of the MPC Element means that it will fit into virtually any laptop bag, and it also comes with its own cover to protect the control surface.
- 16 backlit multi-colour velocity pads – 4 sample & 4 effects per pad
- Brushed aluminium control surface
- USB bus powered – cable included
- MIDI In/Out interface – breakout cables included
- Sequencer has unlimited events based on CPU, resolution is 960 pulses per 1/4-note, 128 sequences, 1 track per instance with unlimited instances, 8 drum pad banks, MIDI clock & MIDI time code, MIDI machine control
- MPC software has 64-note polyphony, dynamic filtering, 7 filter types, 128 programmes, VST/RTAS/AU support, WAV/REX/AIFF/SND support, runs in 32 or 64-bit
- Dimensions of Depth 205mm x Width 284mm x Height 16.89mm
- Weighs 860g
- Min systems requirements are: MAC – 2GB RAM (4GB is recommended) with Mac OSX 10.6 or later --- WIN – 2GHz Pentium 4 or more, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended) with Win 7 32 or 64-bit