M Audio AV40 Studiophile Monitors - Pair
If you want to go beyond enjoying music and videos to creating your own, you need a serious speaker system with accurate sound. M-Audio studio speakers are music industry bestsellers*—and now AV 40s bring this professional legacy to your home. Unlike plastic multimedia speakers, AV 40s use technology that’s trusted by top musicians, engineers, and composers: premium woofer and tweeter components for rich lows and crystal highs; wave guides for clarity and detail; and wooden cabinets for tight, punchy sound. They’re perfect for creating all kinds of media—and also let you get the most out of your CDs, MP3s, DVDs, and games.
Professional Components–Professional Results
We build the AV 40s with the same quality materials and precision electronics as our acclaimed M-Audio professional studio speakers. The audiophile-grade Class A/B amplifier architecture, ferrofluid-cooled silk cone tweeters, polypropylene-coated woofers, and dense wooden enclosures add up to big, defined sound that defies the speakers' small size.
Clear, Cohesive Sound
The AV 40 speakers use proprietary OptImage wave guide technology—originally developed for the professional M-Audio speaker line—to deliver superior clarity and detail. Each speaker also features a precision-engineered crossover, which ensures that the sound emanating from the low-frequency driver will blend seamlessly with the sound from the high-frequency driver—so those deep lows transition smoothly into crystal-clear highs.
Extended Low End
If you crave bass, the AV 40s have you covered. With wooden cabinets and bass reflex design, the AV 40s kick out serious low frequencies—perfect for producing hip-hop and electronic music, or enjoying your favorite CDs, MP3s, DVDs, and games.
Magnetically Shielded for Desktop Use
Many speakers emit stray magnetic flux that can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The AV 40s are magnetically shielded, so they can coexist with other equipment without interference.
- Type: Two-way desktop reference speaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: 4" diameter, polypropylene-coated, magnetically shielded with high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency Driver: 1" diameter, magnetically shielded silk cone tweeter
- Frequency Response: 85 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input, left and right 1/4" TRS input, and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 20 watts continuous, per channel into 4 Ω
- Input Impedance: 10 k Ω unbalanced, 20 k Ω balanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- indicator: blue power LED ring around volume knob on front panel
- Power Requirements: 100-120V/~50/60 Hz, 220-240V/~50/60 Hz; powered via attached 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 8.75" (H) x 6" (W) x 7.25" (D) / 22.2 cm (H) x 15.2 cm (W) x 18.4" (D)
- Weight: 14 lbs. / 6.34 kg