Fender CD-140SCE Electro Acoustic Natural Solid Top
As you might expect from one of the world's two biggest guitar makers, this Fender Acoustic sounds great and is not difficult to play so it will encourage beginners to continue with their playing unlike some starter guitars which are tough on the fingers for those not used to playing them. The CD-140SCE is set up to be easy on the hands of new players - even when playing lead 'licks'.
When you are ready to start performing, the built in Fishman pickup system means that you can plug into any acoustic guitar amp or direct into a PA system and enjoy lush acoustic sounds - amplified!
New and improved for 2011. The CD-140SCE dreadnought cutaway offers full, resonant sound and great value, with a solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides.
Upgrades include a new tortoise shell pickguard (natural finish model) or black pickguard (black finish model), new mother-of-pearl rosette design, new compensated rosewood bridge design, aged bridge pins with black dots, mother-of-pearl Fender logo headstock inlay, and smaller (3 mm) dot fingerboard inlays. Features include scalloped X bracing, 20-fret rosewood fingerboard, dual-action truss rod and Fishman Presys pickup system with active onboard preamp, tuner, volume and tone controls and low-battery indicator light.
- Body Shape: Dreadnought Cutaway
- Body Back: Laminated Mahogany Back
- Body Sides: Laminated Mahogany Sides
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Body Finish: Gloss Finish
- Bracing: Scalloped X Bracing
- Number of Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Dot Position Inlays
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Nato
- Neck Finish: Gloss Neck Finish
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.3" (64.3 cm)
- Truss Rods: Dual Action Truss Rod
- Special Electronics: Fishman Presys Pickup System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner
- Hardware: Chrome